Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grasping for the Wind


John Ottinger put out the call for people who would want to do a monthly article for his blog "Grasping for the Wind".  I proposed writing about the interaction between science fiction/fantasy and comic books.  John accepted and I will now be appearing there on the 26th of each month.  If John likes the articles, I will continue for the foreseeable future.  If you like this idea, go to "Grasping for the Wind" and let John know.


Next month's article will focus on Larry Niven's contributions to the Green Lantern mythos.


The following articles appeared today.


GFTW Welcomes Jim Black!

Science Fiction and Graphic Storytelling

2 comments:

Chimeradave said...

This is a great idea Jim. As a fan of both Science Fiction and comics, I can't wait to see your future blogs.

I don't know if you're a fan, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read the introduction was "The Prisoner" TV series and the comic based on it drawn by Jack "the King" Kirby.

Jim Black said...

I would have liked to see the Marvel version. Steve Englehart and Gil Kane were the original team. When Kirby returned to Marvel it was transfered to him. Both would have been good. The DC version did see print (The Prisoner: Shattered Visage by Dean Motter and Mark Askwith.
I would have liked to see both the Englehart/Kane and the Kirby version.
"The Prisoner" series was another favorite of mine.