Monday, January 31, 2011

January Summary

I reached the goal of posting on a regular basis.  It was a Science Fiction Times record that saw me post 22 times.  

2008    9 posts
2009  33 posts
2010  23 posts
2011  22 posts (after 1 month)

Short fiction reviews     8
Books                       2

I planned on more book reviews.  Going into February, I already have 3 books waiting to be reviewed.

This month also saw the launch of two sister blogs to this one.  I began reviewing individual issues of comic books on my Comics!  A Personal Journal and graphic novels/collections on Comic Book Shelf Review.  I have numerous collections that I need to finish reviewing.  

I plan on continuing with to post about 20 times a month.

Thanks to Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings, I was introduced to the Classic Science Fiction group.  I plan to read and review "Monument" by Lloyd Biggle Jr. as part of that group.

Thank you to the blogging community for many hours of pleasure.

2 comments:

adamosf said...

I'm pleased that you have increased your blogging, since I enjoy reading your reviewes and commentaries, including the comic reviews. the additions to your library were interesting. I am fortunate to have a complete run of GALAXY (many purchased from a longtime canadian fan/friend), and I share your enthusiasm for jim baen's era, especially after the letdown of the ejler jakobsson years. I have STELLAR 1, but never realized it lasted as long as it did. but I do NOT need to fill in any additional gaps in my collection.

Jim Black said...

I had the entire Baen collection of Galaxy and IF when they were published. For various reasons, I no longer have them. Now I am picking them back up. It's fun to come home from work and find another issue waiting for me.