Sunday, November 23, 2014

"Saboteur" by Ken Liu

First Publication:  Analog, December 2014

Cover Art:  Shutterstock

Memories flooded back as I was reminded of watching “The Twilight Zone” while reading this story.  If it ever returns to television, I would hope they would adapt “Saboteur”.  In a few pages, Ken Liu reveals this near future world and makes you care for the characters who live in it.  He does a great job of fleshing out the characters in a very limited space.  After reading “Saboteur”, I understand why Ken Liu is such a popular short story writer.  I will definitely be looking for more of his work in the future.  If you can find this near future story, pick it up.  The ending was a classic.

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

That is a story I would like to read. I've been so impressed with Ken Liu's work. He really has the short story format down well.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered Ken Liu this past year and am looking forward to reading more of him. Making a note of this one.